- The Johnson Inc., "QCC 30th Anniversary" Contest (the “Contest”) begins on January 1, 2019 at 9:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on December 31, 2019 at 5:00 p.m. ET (the “Contest Period”). The Contest is run by Johnson Inc. (the “Sponsor”).
- To be eligible you must be: (i) a legal resident of Canada, except resident of the Province of Quebec and the Territory of Nunavut, and have reached the age of majority in your province or territory of residence at the time of entry into the Contest; and (ii) a ("Plan Member") of the Quarter Century Club (the "QCC") as defined in the Home and Auto Insurance Program Agreement between the Sponsor and QCC (each, an “Eligible Person” or collectively “Eligible Persons”).
- You are not an Eligible Person if you are: (i) an employee, officer, director, representative or agent of the Sponsor, its affiliates, advertising or promotional agencies, or any other party responsible for administration of the Contest; (ii) a member of the immediate family (defined as parent, child, sibling or spouse, regardless of where they live) or household of any of the above persons (whether related or not); (iii) a customer of the Sponsor who has a line of insurance through the Sponsor that is cancelled during the Contest Period by reason of fraud or non-payment of premiums; and/or a legal resident of the Province of Quebec or Territory of Nunavut.
- How to enter:
- For greater certainty, for the purposes of this Section: "Home Insurance Policy" is defined as a home insurance policy underwritten by Unifund Assurance Company or the Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance Company of Canada and administered by Sponsor, "Car Insurance Policy" is defined as an car insurance policy underwritten by Unifund Assurance Company or the Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance Company of Canada and administered by Sponsor, and "MEDOC® Travel Insurance Policy" is defined as a travel insurance policy underwritten by SSQ Insurance Company Inc. and administered by the Sponsor.
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. During the Contest Period:
- An Eligible Person may enter the Contest by one of the following means: An Eligible Person may obtain one (1) entry by contacting the Sponsor during the Contest Period via telephone or in person at a participating branch in Canada and either: (a) obtaining a quote for a new MEDOC® Travel Insurance Policy, new Home Insurance Policy or new Car Insurance Policy; or (b) providing a valid expiry date for his or her home insurance or car insurance policy. Limit of one (1) entry per quoted insurance product line. For the purposes of these Official Rules, a new Car Insurance Policy does not include the addition or substitute of a vehicle on an existing Car Insurance Policy.
- Eligible Persons must comply with the entry methods set out in this Section in order to be considered eligible to win the Contest.
- Odds of winning will depend on the total number of eligible entries received.
- All eligible entries shall be placed into a computer database and a random computerized draw will be conducted to select the winner of the Contest, as set out in more detail below.
There are three (3) prizes available to be won. Each prize consists of a cheque from the Sponsor in the amount of Five Thousand Canadian Dollars ($5,000.00 CAD) (collectively referred to hereinafter as the "Prizes" and individually as the "Prize"). The Prize is not transferable and must be accepted as awarded with no substitutions in cash or otherwise, except at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. The Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the Prize of equivalent or greater monetary value if the Sponsor is unable to award the Prize as described. The Sponsor disclaims any warranty, representation or guarantee express or implied by fact or in law relative to the Prize, including but not limited to its quality and condition.
- PRIZE CLAIM CONDITIONS:
In order to be declared a Contest winner, each selected entrant who is an Eligible Person will be required to correctly answer unaided (mechanical or otherwise), a time-limited mathematical skill testing question by telephone. For greater certainty, each selected entrant will be given five (5) minutes to answer the mathematical skill testing question. The selected entrants will be initially contacted by telephone or e-mail (if consent for email communication is provided) within sixty (60) calendar days of being selected at the telephone number or email address provided by the entrants at time of entry. The Sponsor will subsequently make four (4) more attempts to contact the selected entrants by telephone and/or e-mail, within a period of not less than thirty (30) calendar days from the date of the initial contact. Entrants into the Contest are responsible for checking their email accounts and spam filters. In order to be declared a winner, the selected entrants must within ten (10) calendar days of notification, respectively provide to the Sponsor a certified copy of their government issued photo identification and signed Sponsor’s Declaration and Release Form (the “Release Form”), which (among other things): (i) confirms compliance with these Official Rules; (ii) acknowledges acceptance of the Prize as awarded; (iii) releases the Sponsor, its affiliates, successors, officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents and their respective affiliates from any and all liability in connection with the Contest, the selected entrant’s participation therein and/or the receipt, possession, use and/or misuse of the Prize or any portion thereof; and (iv) releases the supplier of the Prize, as applicable, its affiliates, successors, officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents and their respective affiliates from any and all liability in connection with the Contest, the selected entrant’s participation therein and/or the receipt, possession, use and/or misuse of the Prize or any portion thereof. For greater certainty, for the purposes of this paragraph, “notification” shall be deemed to have been received by a selected entrant when the Sponsor either speaks to the selected entrant (if by telephone) or receives a non-automated e-mail response from the selected entrant (if by e-mail).
If a selected entrant: (i) cannot be reached within the timeframe noted above; (ii) fails to correctly answer the skill-testing question in the timeframe provided; (iii) fails to provide proof of eligibility (if requested); and/or (iv) fails to return the properly executed Release Form within the specified time, then he/she will be disqualified and forfeit his/her opportunity to receive the Prize and the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may select another entrant from the remaining eligible entries (who will be subject to disqualification in the same manner). This selection process may continue until another winner is determined or until there are no more eligible entries, whichever comes first. The Sponsor will not be responsible for failed attempts to contact a selected entrant.
Upon receipt and verification of the Release Form together with the certified copy of government issued photo identification, the Prize will be delivered by the Sponsor to each of the confirmed winners of the Contest (collectively referred to hereinafter as the "Winners" and individually as a "Winner").
The Prize will be sent via registered mail to each Winner, unless he/she makes arrangements for in-person pick up at one of the Sponsor’s offices, as mutually agreed upon by him/her and the Sponsor. By accepting the Prize, each Winner acknowledges that the Prize becomes his/her sole and exclusive responsibility and that the Sponsor shall not be held liable for any harm he/she may suffer as a result of accepting and/or using the Prize. As well, following delivery of the Prize to each Winner, the Sponsor assumes no liability of any nature whatsoever in the event that the Prize should be stolen, lost, destroyed or misplaced by said Winner.
- DRAWING: On January 30, 2020, a random computerized drawing will be conducted from all eligible entries received. The draw will take place at the Sponsor’s head office at Fort William Building, 10 Factory Lane, St John's, Newfoundland and Labrador. The selected entrants will be notified in accordance with the terms and procedures outlined in the Prize Claim Conditions herein. Odds of winning will depend on the total number of eligible entries received.
RELEASES, ETC.:By participating in the Contest, entrants agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, its advertising and promotional agencies, its affiliates and related companies, and their respective directors, officers, owners, partners, employees, agents, representatives, successors and assigns, (collectively, the “Releasees”) from any and all liability in connection with the Contest and the Prize and acknowledging that the Releasees shall not be held liable for any harm or loss the Winner may suffer as a result of accepting and/or using the Prize.
Before being declared a winner, the Prize claimant will be required to sign the Release Form with respect to the foregoing. The Release Form must be returned within the time limit specified within the Prize Claim Conditions herein or the Prize may be forfeited.
FACEBOOK, TWITTER, AND OTHER THIRD PARTY WEBSITES:The Contest is in no way associated with or sponsored, endorsed or administered by Facebook, Twitter, or any other third party websites on which the Contest may be advertised. By entering the Contest, you completely release Facebook, Twitter, and any other third party website owners of all liability in connection with this Contest. For greater certainty, Facebook and other third party website owners are included in the definition of “Releasees” for the purpose of these Official Rules.
MISCELLANEOUS:All decisions of the Sponsor are final in all matters relating to the Contest and binding on all entrants. Entrants who have not complied with these Official Rules are subject to disqualification. All entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned. Entries submitted by third parties and any entries or prize claims that are late, lost, stolen, incomplete, fraudulent, illegible, unidentified or delayed will be void. If, for any reason, in the Sponsor’s sole opinion, the Contest is not capable of running as planned, the Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest, in whole or in part, without notice.
The Sponsor, its affiliated companies, its advertising and promotional agencies, directors, officers, employees, agents and representatives are not liable for faulty computer components, software or links, viruses, the loss or non-existence of communications capability, or faulty, incomplete, incomprehensible, or erased computer or network transmissions that render an individual ineligible for the Contest. No responsibility will be taken for lost, stolen, misdirected, delayed, destroyed or illegible entries.
The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. Persons found to be abusing any aspect of the Contest or the entry process, or otherwise not displaying appropriate conduct, will be disqualified from the Contest, and may be disqualified from any future contest or promotion offered by the Sponsor. Any attempt to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages or other remedies from any such person(s) responsible to the fullest extent permitted by law. Should a Winner make any false statement(s) in any document referenced above, that Winner may be required to promptly return to the Sponsor the Prize, or the cash value thereof.
Access and make changes to your auto policy.