For customers who have recently mailed their home or car premium payments, please note that a State of Emergency in St. John’s has delayed Canada Post services. Johnson will make reasonable accommodations for customers whose payments were impacted. However, please consider paying online via your banks’ website. Click here to find out how. Or contact Johnson at 1.888.737.1689 to pay using a credit card.
Choosing the right car insurance is as important as regular maintenance on your vehicle. Johnson provides access to comprehensive coverage that goes the extra mile.
It All Starts With A Free Car Insurance Quote
How we provide access to coverage† is as important as what we cover.
- 24/7 Claims service – If you’ve got a claim, we’re here to help all day, every day
- First accident forgiveness – Accidents happen. Depending on your driving record, your premium may be maintained after a first accident
- AIR MILES® - Earn 1 AIR MILES reward mile for every $20 in premium paid, including taxes
Get a quote for car insurance today!
Auto Insurance That Protects Your Budget
Johnson saves you money, by providing access to discounts for the following.
- Bundling (auto and home)
- Multiple vehicle discounts
- Safe drivers
- Groups like associations, employers and academic institutions
Insurance Through Johnson Means More
You get some special conveniences, on top of savings.
- A Members Only website
- Fast track claims service
- Flexible payment choices
Common Coverage Questions
A car insurance policy through Johnson covers you with the basics and several options to suit your needs. Here are some of the more common questions surrounding car insurance coverages.
- What is comprehensive coverage?
- If your car is damaged other than in a collision (by hail, fire, theft or vandalism), this may help pay for repairs.
- What is liability insurance?
- If by owning or operating your vehicle you cause damage or physical injury to others, this insurance compensates the person who's suffered the injury or property damage.
Want to learn more about different types of coverages and how they can help you? Visit our coverage details page for more information.
Find Car Insurance In Canada
Find details about your local branch here:
Things You’ll Want to Know
Auto insurance not available in BC, Saskatchewan and Manitoba. Alternate policies available in Quebec.
†Johnson Inc. (“Johnson”) is a licensed insurance intermediary. Home and auto policies are primarily underwritten by Unifund Assurance Company (“Unifund”). Unifund and Johnson share common ownership. Auto insurance not available in BC, SK or MB. Home and auto insurance not available in NU. An alternate plan is available in QC. Eligibility requirements, limitations, exclusions or additional costs may apply, and/or may vary by province or territory. AIR MILES® reward miles awarded only on regular home and auto insurance policies underwritten by Unifund. At the time the premium is paid, one AIR MILES reward mile is awarded for each $20 premium (including taxes). AIR MILES reward miles are not available in SK, MB or QC. ®™Trademarks of AIR MILES International Trading B.V. used under license by LoyaltyOne, Co. and Johnson (for Unifund). READ MORE