- The Johnson Inc. 2019 Win $25,000 Contest (the “Contest”) begins on January 1, 2019 at 12:01 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on April 30, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. ET (the “Contest Period”). The Contest is run by Johnson Inc. (the “Sponsor”).
- To be eligible you must be (i) a legal resident of Canada (excluding Nunavut) who has reached the age of majority in his or her jurisdiction of residence at the start of the Contest Period; and (ii) a member of a recognized group of the Sponsor (each, an “Eligible Person” or collectively “Eligible Persons”). For the purposes of this Contest, “recognized group” means an employer group, professional association, alumni association, union or other group who is currently the beneficiary of a valid insurance program agreement with the Sponsor.
- You are not an Eligible Person if you are: (i) an employee, officer, director, representative or agent of the Sponsor, their affiliates, advertising or promotional agencies, or any other party responsible for administration of the Contest; (ii) a member of the immediate family (defined as parent, child, sibling or spouse, regardless of where they live) or reside in the same household of any of the above persons (whether related or not); (iii) a customer of the Sponsor who has a line of insurance through the Sponsor that is cancelled during the Contest Period by reason of fraud or non-payment of premiums; (iv) a legal resident of the Territory of Nunavut.
- How to enter:
- For greater certainty, for the purposes of this Section: "Home Insurance Policy" is defined as a home insurance policy underwritten by Unifund Assurance Company or the Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance Company of Canada and administered by Sponsor, "Car Insurance Policy" is defined as an car insurance policy underwritten by Unifund Assurance Company or the Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance Company of Canada and administered by Sponsor, and "Travel Insurance Policy" is defined as a travel insurance policy underwritten by SSQ Insurance Company Inc. or Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance Company of Canada that is offered to recognized group members with whom Sponsor has a MEDOC® agreement.
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. During the Contest Period:
- An Eligible Person may obtain one (1) entry by contacting the Sponsor during the Contest Period via telephone or in person at a participating branch in Canada and either: (a) obtaining a quote for a new Travel Insurance Policy, new Home Insurance Policy or new Car Insurance Policy; or (b) providing a valid expiry date for his or her home insurance or car insurance policy (not available to Eligible Persons in Quebec). Limit of one (1) entry per quoted insurance product line. For the purposes of these Official Rules, a new Car Insurance Policy does not include the addition or substitute of a vehicle on an existing Car Insurance Policy.
- Eligible Persons must comply with the entry methods set out in this Section in order to be considered eligible to win the Contest.
- Odds of winning will depend on the total number of eligible entries received.
- All eligible entries shall be placed into a computer database and a random computerized draw will be conducted to select the winner of the Contest, as set out in more detail below.
There is one (1) prize (the “Prize”) available to be won, consisting of Twenty Five Thousand Dollars ($25,000 CAD) payable by certified cheque. The Prize is not transferable and must be accepted as awarded with no substitutions, except at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the Prize for another prize of equal or greater monetary value if the Prize, as described, cannot be awarded for any reason.
- PRIZE CLAIM CONDITIONS:
In order to be declared the Contest winner, the selected entrant who is an Eligible Person will be required to correctly answer unaided (mechanical or otherwise), a time-limited mathematical skill testing question by telephone. For greater certainty, the selected entrant will be given five (5) minutes to answer the mathematical skill-testing question. The selected entrant will be initially contacted by telephone or e-mail within sixty (60) calendar days of being selected at the telephone number or email address provided by the entrant at time of entry. The Sponsor will subsequently make four (4) more attempts to contact the selected entrant by telephone and/or e-mail within a period of not less than thirty (30) calendar days from the date of the initial contact. Entrants into the Contest are responsible for checking their email accounts and spam filters. In order to be declared a winner, the selected entrant must reply within ten (10) calendar days of notification to provide to Sponsor a copy of photo identification confirming eligibility (non-relevant personal information may be redacted) and sign Sponsor’s Declaration and Release Form (the “Release Form”), which (among other things): (i) confirms compliance with these Official Rules; (ii) acknowledges acceptance of the Prize as awarded; (iii) releases the Sponsor, its affiliates, successors, officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents and their respective affiliates from any and all liability in connection with the Contest, the selected entrant’s participation therein and/or the receipt, possession, use and/or misuse of the Prize or any portion thereof; and (iv) releases the supplier of the Prize, as applicable, its affiliates, successors, officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents and their respective affiliates from any and all liability in connection with the Contest, the selected entrant’s participation therein and/or the receipt, possession, use and/or misuse of the Prize or any portion thereof. For greater certainty, for the purposes of this paragraph, “notification” shall be deemed to have been received by a selected entrant when the Sponsor either speaks to the selected entrant (if by telephone) or receives a non-automated e-mail response from the selected entrant (if by e-mail).
If a selected entrant: (i) cannot be reached within the timeframe noted above; (ii) fails to correctly answer the skill-testing question in the timeframe provided; (iii) fails to provide proof of eligibility (if requested); and/or (iv) fails to return the properly executed Release Form within the specified time, then he/she will be disqualified and forfeit his/her opportunity to receive the Prize and the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may select another entrant from the remaining eligible entries (who will be subject to disqualification in the same manner). This selection process may continue until another winner is determined or until there are no more eligible entries, whichever comes first. The Sponsor will not be responsible for failed attempts to contact a selected entrant.
- DRAWING: On June 9, 2020 at 10:00 a.m. ET, a random computerized drawing will be conducted from all eligible entries received for the purposes of selecting one (1) potential Prize winner. The draw will take place at the Sponsor’s head office at Fort William Building, 10 Factory Lane, St John's, Newfoundland and Labrador. The selected entrants will be notified in accordance with the terms and procedures outlined in the Prize Claim Conditions herein. Odds of winning will depend on the total number of eligible entries received.
RELEASES, ETC.:By participating in the Contest, entrants agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, its advertising and promotional agencies, its affiliates and related companies, and their respective directors, officers, owners, partners, employees, agents, representatives, successors and assigns, (collectively, the “Releasees”) from any and all liability in connection with the Contest and the Prize and acknowledging that the Releasees shall not be held liable for any harm or loss the Winner may suffer as a result of accepting and/or using the Prize.
Before being declared a winner, the Prize claimant will be required to sign the Release Form with respect to the foregoing. The Release Form must be returned within the time limit specified within the Prize Claim Conditions herein or the Prize may be forfeited.
FACEBOOK, TWITTER, AND OTHER THIRD PARTY WEBSITES:The Contest is in no way associated with or sponsored, endorsed or administered by Facebook, Twitter, or any other third party websites on which the Contest may be advertised. By entering the Contest, you completely release Facebook, Twitter, and any other third party website owners of all liability in connection with this Contest. For greater certainty, Facebook and other third party website owners are included in the definition of “Releasees” for the purpose of these Official Rules.
MISCELLANEOUS:All decisions of the Sponsor are final in all matters relating to the Contest and binding on all entrants. Entrants who have not complied with these Official Rules are subject to disqualification. All entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned. Entries submitted by third parties and any entries or prize claims that are automated, late, lost, stolen, incomplete, fraudulent, illegible, unidentified or delayed will be void. If, for any reason, in the Sponsor’s sole opinion, the Contest is not capable of running as planned, the Sponsor reserves the right, subject to the approval of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux (the “Régie”), to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest, in whole or in part, without notice.
By participating in the Contest, entrants agree that the Releasees have no liability whatsoever for, and shall be held harmless by entrants against, any injuries, losses or damages of any kind (including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential or punitive damages) to persons or property resulting from the Contest, including the acceptance, possession, misuse or use of the Prize, or the merchandise for which it is redeemed (if applicable). Without limiting the foregoing, the Releasees are not liable for faulty computer components, software or links, viruses, the loss or non-existence of communications capability, or faulty, incomplete, incomprehensible, or erased computer or network transmissions that render an individual ineligible for the Contest. No responsibility will be taken for lost, stolen, misdirected, delayed, destroyed or illegible entries.
The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. Persons found to be abusing any aspect of the Contest or the entry process, or otherwise not displaying appropriate conduct, will be disqualified from the Contest, and may be disqualified from any future contest or promotion offered by the Sponsor. Any attempt to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages or other remedies from any such person(s) responsible to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to administer an alternate test of skill as it deems appropriate or necessary to comply with applicable law. Sponsor reserves the right to correct any typographical, printing, computer programming or operator errors. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. If any provision of the Official Rules is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, then the Official Rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein. Should a Winner make any false statement(s) in any document referenced above, that Winner may be required to promptly return to the Sponsor the Prize, or the cash value thereof.
- LEGAL RESIDENTS OF QUEBEC ONLY: Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
Access and make changes to your auto policy.