JOHNSON INC. - “DALHOUSIE 200TH ANNIVERSARY” CONTEST - OFFICIAL RULES
- The Johnson Inc. “Dalhousie 200th Anniversary” Contest (the “Contest”) begins on March 15, 2018 at 9:00 a.m. Atlantic Time (“AT”) and ends on December 31, 2018 at 5:00 p.m. AT (the “Contest Period”). The Contest is run by Johnson Inc. (the “Sponsor”).
- To be eligible to enter the Contest, you must: (i) as at the date of entry and as at the date of the Contest draw, be a legal resident of Canada, excluding residents of the Province of Quebec or the Territory of Nunavut, who has reached the age of majority; (ii) as of the date of entry, be a member of the “Dalhousie University Employee Group”, which are employees and retired employees of Dalhousie University, as stipulated in the insurance program agreement between the Sponsor and Dalhousie University; and (iii) have entered the contest in accordance with these Official Rules (each an “Eligible Person”, and collectively “Eligible Persons”). For greater certainty, legal residents of the Province of Quebec or the Territory of Nunavut are not Eligible Persons.
- You are not an Eligible Person if you are: (i) an employee, officer, director, representative or agent of the Sponsor, its affiliates, advertising or promotional agencies, or any other party responsible for administration of the Contest; and/or (ii) a member of the immediate family (defined as parent, child, sibling or spouse, regardless of where they live) or household of any of the above persons (whether related or not).
- HOW TO ENTER:
- For the purposes of this Section, “Home Insurance Policy” is defined as a home insurance policy underwritten by Unifund Assurance Company and “Auto Insurance Policy” is defined as an auto insurance policy underwritten by Unifund Assurance Company, and each is administered by the Sponsor.
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. An Eligible Person who contacts the Sponsor via telephone at 1-855-516-5598 (or any other valid telephone phone number of the Sponsor) during the Contest Period and requests a quote for:
- a Home Insurance Policy, or provides the renewal date for his or her current home insurance policy and consents to be contacted by telephone or email to receive a quote at a later date, may receive one (1) entry into the Contest; and/or
- an Auto Insurance Policy, or provides the renewal date for his or her current auto insurance policy and consents to be contacted by telephone or email to receive a quote at a later date, may receive one (1) entry into the Contest.
- For greater certainty, the Sponsor notes that Eligible Persons must comply with the entry methods set out in this Section in order to be considered eligible to win the Contest.
- Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received.
- Maximum limit of one (1) entry per Eligible Person for each of: (i) a request for a quote for a Home Insurance Policy, or consent to be contacted to receive a quote for a Home Insurance Policy at a later date; and (ii) a request for a quote for an Auto Insurance Policy, or consent to be contacted to receive a quote for an Auto Insurance Policy at a later date.
- All eligible entries shall be placed into a computer database and a random computerized draw will be conducted to select the winners of the Contest, as set out in more detail below.
- PRIZES: There are five (5) prizes available to be won, each consisting of a $200 DalCard Deposit (each a “Prize” or collectively “Prizes”). For greater certainty, one (1) Prize will be awarded to each of the five Eligible Persons to be declared Contest winners in accordance with the terms and procedures outlined in the Prize Claim Conditions and Prize Drawing sections of these Official Rules. The Prizes must be accepted as awarded with no substitutions in cash or otherwise, except as otherwise provided herein. The Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the Prizes of equivalent or greater monetary value (including, without limitation, a cash equivalent) if the Sponsor is unable to award the Prizes as described or for any other reason. The Sponsor disclaims any warranty, representation or guarantee express or implied by fact or in law relative to the Prizes, including but not limited to its quality and condition.
- PRIZE CLAIM CONDITIONS:
In order to be declared a Contest winner, each selected entrant who is an Eligible Person will be required to correctly answer unaided (mechanical or otherwise), a time-limited mathematical skill testing question by telephone. Each selected entrant will be given five (5) minutes to answer the mathematical skill testing question. Each selected entrant will be initially contacted by telephone or e-mail (if consent for email communication is obtained), provided at the time of entry, within sixty (60) calendar days of being selected. If the initial attempt at contact is unsuccessful the Sponsor will subsequently make four (4) more attempts to contact the selected entrant by telephone and/or e-mail, within a period of not less than thirty (30) calendar days from the date of the initial contact. Entrants into the Contest are responsible for checking their email accounts and spam filters. In order to be declared a winner, each selected entrant must within ten (10) calendar days of notification, respectively provide to the Sponsor a certified copy of their government issued photo identification and signed Sponsor’s Declaration and Release Form (the “Release Form”), which (among other things): (i) confirms compliance with these Official Rules; (ii) acknowledges acceptance of the Prize as awarded; (iii) releases the Sponsor, its affiliates, successors, officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents and their respective affiliates from any and all liability in connection with the Contest, the selected entrant’s participation therein and/or the receipt, possession, use and/or misuse of the Prize or any portion thereof; and (iv) releases the supplier of the Prize, its affiliates, successors, officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents and their respective affiliates from any and all liability in connection with the Contest, the selected entrant’s participation therein and/or the receipt, possession, use and/or misuse of the Prize or any portion thereof. For greater certainty, for the purposes of this paragraph, “notification” shall be deemed to have been received by a selected entrant when the Sponsor either speaks to the selected entrant (if by telephone) or receives a non-automated e-mail response from the selected entrant (if by e-mail).
If a selected entrant: (i) cannot be reached within the timeframe noted above; (ii) fails to correctly answer the skill-testing question in the timeframe provided; (iii) fails to provide proof of eligibility (if requested); and/or (iv) fails to return the properly executed Release Form within the specified time, then he/she will be disqualified and forfeit his/her opportunity to receive the Prize and the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may select another entrant from the remaining eligible entries (who will be subject to disqualification in the same manner). This selection process will continue until another winner is determined or until there are no more eligible entries, whichever comes first. The Sponsor will not be responsible for failed attempts to contact a selected entrant.
Upon receipt and verification of the Release Form, the Prize will be delivered by the Sponsor to the confirmed winners of the Contest (hereinafter referred to as the “Winners” or each a “Winner”).
The Prize will be sent via registered mail to each Winner, unless he/she makes arrangements for in-person pick up at one of the Sponsor’s offices, as mutually agreed upon by with the Sponsor. By accepting the Prize, each Winner acknowledges that the Prize becomes his/her sole and exclusive responsibility and that the Sponsor shall not be held liable for any harm he/she may suffer as a result of accepting and/or using the Prize. As well, following delivery of the Prize to the Winners, the Sponsor assumes no liability of any nature whatsoever in the event that the Prize is stolen, lost, destroyed or misplaced by the Winners.
- PRIZE DRAWING: On or about February 26, 2019, a random computerized draw will be conducted from all eligible entries received. The draw will take place at the Sponsor’s head office at Fort William Building, 10 Factory Lane, St John's, Newfoundland and Labrador. The selected entrants will be notified in accordance with the terms and procedures outlined in the Prize Claim Conditions herein. Odds of winning a prize will depend on the total number of eligible entries received.
- RELEASES, ETC.: By participating in the Contest, entrants agree to release and hold harmless the Sponsor, its advertising and promotional agencies, the affiliates and related companies of the foregoing, and their respective directors, officers, owners, partners, employees, agents, representatives, successors and assigns, as well as (if applicable) the supplier(s) of the prizes, its affiliates, authorized retailers, successors, officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents and their respective affiliates (collectively, the “Releasees”) from any and all liability in connection with the Contest and the Prizes. Before being declared a Winner, each prize claimant will be required to sign the Release Form with respect to the foregoing. The Release Form must be returned within the time limit specified within the Prize Claim Conditions herein or the Prize may be forfeited.
- MISCELLANEOUS: All decisions of the Sponsor are final in all matters relating to the Contest and binding on all entrants. Entrants who have not complied with these Official Rules are subject to disqualification. All entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned. Entries submitted by third parties and any entries or prize claims that are late, lost, stolen, incomplete, fraudulent, illegible, unidentified or delayed will be void. If, for any reason, in the Sponsor’s sole opinion, the Contest is not capable of running as planned, the Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest, in whole or in part, without notice.
By participating in the Contest, entrants agree that the Sponsor, its affiliated companies, its advertising and promotional agencies, directors, officers, employees, agents and representatives have no liability whatsoever for, and shall be held harmless by entrants against, any injuries, losses or damages of any kind (including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential or punitive damages) to persons or property resulting from the Contest, including the acceptance, possession, misuse or use of the prize, or the merchandise for which it is redeemed (if applicable). Without limiting the foregoing, the Releasees are not liable for faulty computer components, software or links, viruses, the loss or non-existence of communications capability, or faulty, incomplete, incomprehensible, or erased computer or network transmissions that render an individual ineligible for the Contest. No responsibility will be taken for lost, stolen, misdirected, delayed, destroyed or illegible entries.
The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to administer an alternate test of skill as it deems appropriate or necessary to comply with applicable law. Sponsor reserves the right to correct any typographical, printing, computer programming or operator errors. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. If any provision of the Official Rules is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, then the Official Rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein. Any attempt to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages or other remedies from any such person(s) responsible to the fullest extent permitted by law. Should a Winner make any false statement(s) in any document referenced above, that Winner may be required to promptly return to the Sponsor the Grand Prize and/or Secondary Prize (as applicable), or the cash value thereof.