Condo insurance is unlike any other kind of policy. You need the same protection, but in a policy that works with your condo building’s policies and rules. Get your condo insurance from a company who understands the ins and outs.
A Different Kind of Home Needs a Different Kind of Insurance
Where does your home start and end when it comes to a condo? The property lines are a little harder to draw. We can help find coverage that works with your building’s policy so you have the right amount of insurance.
- You choose the amount you need
- You choose the deductible, starting at $500
- How it helps you: If your condo or contents are damaged, this helps pay the costs of repairs or replacement. Plus, it offers coverage of some living expenses if you have to move out temporarily or find a new home due to damage
- You choose $1 million or $2 million in coverage
- How it helps you: it may help cover the cost of damages if you unintentionally cause injury to someone (at home or elsewhere)
- You choose the deductible, starting at $500
- How it helps you: This may cover potential damages to your property, such as fire, theft and vandalism. We even cover accidental damage by you in many circumstances
Unit Betterments & Improvements
- How it helps you: This provides coverage for repair or replacement of upgraded items in your condo, such as granite countertops, hardwood flooring, etc
Unit Additional Protection
- How it helps you: If the condo corporation’s policy covering the building structure has lapsed or is inadequate, this coverage provides additional protection and coverage for damage to your unit
- How it helps you: If you have to pay a share of a claim against the condo corporation (for example: if the claim is higher than the corporation’s coverage or if the claim isn’t covered by the corporation, or if the deductible is paid by condo owners), this helps cover your costs
Extra Value Right There in Every Policy
- How it helps you: You likely have a few things in your home that are especially valuable – jewellery or art, for example. There’s coverage for high-value items
- Amount: Up to $30,000
- How it helps you: If your identity is stolen, there could be financial losses to deal with. You could also have legal fees, costs to restore your identity and lost wages to consider. Your policy may cover these so you can concentrate on getting back on track
Protecting Your Budget
Johnson saves you money, by providing access to discounts for the following.
- Bundling (auto and home)
- Homes with security systems
- Newer homes
- Mortgage-free homes
- Loyalty (3+ years as a client)
- Clients aged 50 or over
- Groups like associations, employers and academic institutions
Protecting More Means Getting More
When you protect your auto and home through Johnson, you get some conveniences, on top of savings.
- A Members Only website
- Fast track claims service
- Flexible payment choices
Plus the Extras that Come With Every Home Policy
- AIR MILES® - Earn 1 AIR MILES reward mile for every $20 in premium paid, including taxes
- Access to 24/7 Claims service* - If you’ve got a claim, we’re here to help – all day, every day
- 50+ Plan - If you or your spouse is 50 or over, you may also qualify for extra services: morale, nursing, companion, housekeeping services after a hospital stay, plus a home repair/maintenance referral service
Things You’ll Want to Know
In Quebec? An alternate plan is available in QC.
Not available in all regions..
†Johnson Inc. (“Johnson”) is a licensed insurance intermediary. Home and auto policies are primarily underwritten by Unifund Assurance Company (“Unifund”). Unifund and Johnson share common ownership. Auto insurance not available in BC, SK or MB. Home and auto insurance not available in NU. An alternate plan is available in QC. Eligibility requirements, limitations, exclusions or additional costs may apply, and/or may vary by province or territory. The terms, conditions, limitations and exclusions which apply to the described coverage are as set out in the policy. Policy wordings prevail. AIR MILES® reward miles awarded only on regular home and auto insurance policies underwritten by Unifund. At the time the premium is paid, one AIR MILES reward mile is awarded for each $20 premium (including taxes). AIR MILES reward miles are not available in SK, MB or QC. ®™Trademarks of AIR MILES International Trading B.V. used under license by LoyaltyOne, Co. and Johnson (for Unifund).* 24/7 hour emergency claims service applies to policies underwritten by Unifund. READ MORE