Starter home or dream home, chances are a home is your biggest investment. It’s worth protecting it with the right insurance – insurance that covers more risks, and offers more value.
Comprehensive Home Coverage: not Just a Clever Name
We hope you never need to use it, but if you do, it covers the basics and a whole lot more, thanks to extra value items and discounts.
Where do we provide access to home coverage?†
- You choose the deductible, starting at $500
- How it helps you: If there’s damage that’s covered in your policy, this helps pay the costs of repairs or rebuilding. Plus, it offers coverage of some living expenses if you have to move out temporarily or find a new home due to damage
- You choose $1 million or $2 million in coverage
- How it helps you: it may help cover the cost of damages if you unintentionally cause injury to someone (at home or elsewhere)
- How it helps you: This covers a lot more than just your house – damage to a garage or shed, even accidental damage in many circumstances or voluntary medical expenses
The OptionsWater damage/sewer backup
- How it helps you: You’re covered for certain damages by water, such as water escaping your hot water tank, sewers, sump pump or septic tank
- Umbrella coverage (a “top-up” of your home coverage)
- Watercraft coverage
- Home business coverage
Extra Value Right there in Every Policy
- How it helps you: You likely have a few things in your home that are especially valuable – jewellery or art, for example. There’s coverage for high-value items
- Amount: Up to $30,000
- How it helps you: If your identity is stolen, there could be financial losses to deal with. You could also have legal fees, costs to restore your identity and lost wages to consider. Your policy may cover these so you can concentrate on getting back on track
Plus the Extras that Come with Every Home Policy
- AIR MILES® - Earn 1 AIR MILES reward mile for every $20 in premium paid, including taxes
- Access to 24/7 Claims service** - If you’ve got a claim, we’re here to help – all day, every day
- 50+ Plan - If you or your spouse is 50 or over, you may also qualify for extra services: morale, nursing, companion, housekeeping services after a hospital stay, plus a home repair/maintenance referral service
In Quebec? An alternate plan is available in QC.
Not available in all regions.
†Johnson Inc. (“Johnson”) is a licensed insurance intermediary. Home and auto policies are primarily underwritten by Unifund Assurance Company (“Unifund”). Unifund and Johnson share common ownership. Auto insurance not available in BC, SK or MB. Home and auto insurance not available in NU. Eligibility requirements, limitations, exclusions or additional costs may apply, and/or may vary by province or territory. The terms, conditions, limitations and exclusions which apply to the described coverage are as set out in the policy. Policy wordings prevail. AIR MILES® reward miles awarded only on regular home and auto insurance policies underwritten by Unifund. At the time the premium is paid, one AIR MILES reward mile is awarded for each $20 premium (including taxes). AIR MILES reward miles are not available in SK, MB or QC. ®™Trademarks of AIR MILES International Trading B.V. used under license by LoyaltyOne, Co. and Johnson (for Unifund).* 24/7 hour emergency claims service applies to policies underwritten by Unifund. READ MORE