Business in the Home

If your home is damaged, it’s bad news. If your income depends on working from your home, it’s even worse. We protect your home office contents, your income and you from the unforeseen, so that you can keep taking care of business. 

Too Busy Doing Business to Protect Your Business

There’s good news for home-based business owners. If you have a home insurance policy with Johnson, it’s easy to add on coverage to protect your home office and income.


What’s Included

  • Up to $25,000 for business property you keep in your home

  • Up to $10,000 for computer & software

  • Up to $5,000 off premises coverage (covering client visits, risks in transit, valuable papers, etc.)

  • Loss of earnings up to $10,000

  • Liability (not including professional liability) to the same limit you choose for your home policy

Is it Right for You

Other than trade contractors, chances are we can cover your home business. Ask about our coverage for your profession or job.


Things You’ll Want to Know

  • You need to have a Johnson home insurance policy for this “add-on coverage”

  • You need to qualify for this coverage

Home and auto policies are primarily underwritten by Unifund Assurance Company (“Unifund”). Unifund and Johnson share common ownership. Auto insurance is not available in BC, SK and MB. An alternate plan is available in QC. Eligibility requirements, limitations or exclusions may apply and/or may vary by province/territory.