Your landlord insures your rental home. So, do you really need insurance? Protecting yourself and your possessions is important even if you’re not a homeowner.
Protection for You…and All Your Stuff
Anybody who’s ever moved knows we all have more “stuff” than we realize. Tenant insurance ensures the items you need can be replaced if you have a claim.
- You choose the amount you need
- You choose the deductible, starting at $500
- How it helps you: If there’s damage or a loss, this helps cover the costs of repairs or replacement. Plus, it offers coverage of some living expenses if you have to move out temporarily or find a new home due to damage
- You choose $1 million or $2 million in coverage
- How it helps you: it may help cover the cost of damages if you unintentionally cause injury to someone (at home or elsewhere)
- How it helps you: This covers a lot more than your contents coverage alone – even accidental damage in many circumstances or voluntary medical expenses and upgrades you have made to to the home/apartment
Extra Value Right There in Every Policy
Coverage for special items
- How it helps you: You likely have a few things in your home that are especially valuable – jewellery or art, for example. There’s coverage for high-value items
- Amount: Up to $30,000
- How it helps you: If your identity is stolen, there could be financial losses to deal with. You could also have legal fees, costs to restore your identity and lost wages to consider. Your policy may cover these so you can concentrate on getting back on track
Plus the Extras that Come With Every Policy
- AIR MILES® - Earn 1 AIR MILES reward mile for every $20 in premium paid, including taxes
- Access to 24/7 Claims service* - If you’ve got a claim, we’re here to help – all day, every day
- 50+ Plan - If you or your spouse is 50 or over, you may also qualify for extra services: morale, nursing, companion, housekeeping services after a hospital stay, plus a home repair/maintenance referral service
Protecting Your Budget
- Bundling (auto and home)
- Loyalty client discount (3+ years as a client)
Protecting More Means Getting More
When you protect your auto and home through Johnson, you get some special perks, on top of savings.
- A Members Only website
- Fast track claims service
- Flexible payment choices
Things You’ll Want to Know
In Quebec? An alternate plan is available in QC.
Not available in all regions..
†Johnson Inc. (“Johnson”) is a licensed insurance intermediary. Home and auto policies are primarily underwritten by Unifund Assurance Company (“Unifund”). Unifund and Johnson share common ownership. Auto insurance not available in BC, SK or MB. Home and auto insurance not available in NU. An alternate plan is available in QC. Eligibility requirements, limitations, exclusions or additional costs may apply, and/or may vary by province or territory. The terms, conditions, limitations and exclusions which apply to the described coverage are as set out in the policy. Policy wordings prevail. AIR MILES® reward miles awarded only on regular home and auto insurance policies underwritten by Unifund. At the time the premium is paid, one AIR MILES reward mile is awarded for each $20 premium (including taxes). AIR MILES reward miles are not available in SK, MB or QC. ®™Trademarks of AIR MILES International Trading B.V. used under license by LoyaltyOne, Co. and Johnson (for Unifund).* 24/7 hour emergency claims service applies to policies underwritten by Unifund. READ MORE