This coverage is called umbrella insurance for a good reason. In the event of a sudden downpour (and let’s face it, when it rains, it pours), it simply protects more. It’s extra protection and extra peace of mind insurance.
Some Extra Peace of Mind for Your Home Insurance Policy
Does an umbrella add-on make sense? Yes, it gives you personal injury coverage for much more than your home policy alone can.
- Any unintentional damage or injury by you, even when you’re away from home
- Higher coverage for personal liability under your home insurance
- Any act or omission as an officer or member of a Board of Directors (as an unpaid volunteer in a not-for profit, condo or cooperative)
- It even covers you in cases of wrongful eviction, false arrest, libel, slander or defamation of character
- You choose the amount, up to $5,000,000 (that’s on top of the liability coverage in your home policy
- You choose the deductible, starting at $500
Things You’ll Want to Know
- You need to have a Johnson home insurance policy
- You need to qualify for this coverage. Please talk to your broker, or call us to find out if you qualify
Home and auto policies are primarily underwritten by Unifund Assurance Company (“Unifund”). Unifund and Johnson share common ownership. Auto insurance is not available in BC, SK and MB. An alternate plan is available in QC. Eligibility requirements, limitations or exclusions may apply and/or may vary by province/territory.