With a Johnson scholarship behind you, you have everything in front of you. Since 1998, the Johnson scholarship program has awarded over $1,000,000 in scholarships and academic grants to students across Canada.
The 2019 Johnson Scholarship Program is open and applications are available.
Who May Apply
To apply, applicants must be:
- a resident of a province or territory of Canada;
- completing high school in 2019; and,
- enrolled in an undergraduate program on a full-time basis for the 2019-2020 academic year at a recognized publicly funded Canadian post-secondary institution or Cegep (if living in the province of Quebec).
Applicants must also fall into at least one of the following categories:
- have a home or auto policy through Johnson;
- be a member/employee of a Johnson recognized group*;
- have a parent/guardian or grandparent who has a home or auto policy through Johnson;
- have a parent/guardian or grandparent who is a member/employee of a Johnson recognized group*, and has a home or auto policy or group benefit plan through Johnson;
- have a parent/guardian or grandparent who is a member/employee of a Johnson recognized group*, but does not have a home or auto policy or group benefit plan through Johnson; or
- be a child/grandchild of a Johnson employee.
Online Application Form
Applications shall be submitted on the completion of the applicant’s graduating year of high school.
Completed application forms must be submitted by August 12, 2019 and must include an official high school transcript of your final year marks.
Please see the online application form to obtain full requirements and submission instructions.
Johnson will award 50 scholarships each valued at $1,000 to students attending a post-secondary educational institution in Canada in the fall of 2019.
Selection and Announcement of Winners
Applicants will be evaluated based on two components:
(1) academic achievement; and
(2) school/extracurricular activities and community/volunteer service.
An independent selection committee (Loran Scholars Foundation) has been retained to review and evaluate all applications and identify the successful candidates for 2019. Please note that the decision of the selection committee is final and not subject to appeal. Selection of successful applicants will be completed by October 31, 2019. Only the winners will be notified.
For More Information
If you require further information, please call toll free 1-866-544-2673 or email [email protected].
*A “recognized group” means an employer group, professional association, alumni association, union or other group that has an insurance program agreement currently in force with Johnson.